LOVELOUD Foundation Grants
The LOVELOUD Foundation is pleased to announce that our 2019 grantee partner application is now available here and must be submitted by May 24, 2019.
Founded in 2017, the LOVELOUD Foundation ignites the vital conversation about what it means to unconditionally love, understand, accept, support and celebrate our LGBTQ+ friends and family. LOVELOUD hopes to inspire LGBTQ+ young people, letting them know they’re loved, while encouraging acceptance in the home and community.
During the past two years, LOVELOUD has supported more than 20 non-profit grantee partner organizations serving LGBTQ+ youth in Utah and across the U.S. through the proceeds of the LOVELOUD Festival. We deeply value our relationships with our grantee partners and their work. Together, we seek to build communities of support for LGBTQ+ youth, combat high rates of depression, anxiety, suicide and parental rejection, all while encouraging constructive dialogue that will change individual attitudes, institutions and policies to be more affirming of the LGBTQ+ community.
We welcome partnerships with organizations that are engaged in work that aligns with our mission.
To apply for a LOVELOUD grant and the opportunity to participate in the Festival as a non-profit exhibiting partner, please complete the application by 5 pm MT on Friday, May 24, 2019. Selected grantees will be notified by Friday, June 15, 2019. Exhibiting partners will be provided with complementary booths at the Festival on June 29, 2019, where they can interact with Festival attendees and disseminate information about their programs.
Please note that grant selections decisions will be made and announced in June, and exact grant award amounts will be announced after the collection of all revenues in December 2019.
All applications will be evaluated against the following criteria:
1. Mission Alignment: Does the applicant advance the Foundation’s mission to ignite conversation and support LGBTQ+ youth mental health and well-being? (E.G. A 2018 grantee initiative to connect LGBTQ+ youth facing parental and community rejection through friendship circles.)
2. Partnership History or Potential: Does the applicant have a history of supporting the Foundation and/or the production of the LOVELOUD Festival or does it have the potential to do so in future? (E.G. 2018 grantees provided LOVELOUD volunteer training and helped to secure Festival speakers.)
3. Programmatic Impact: Can the applicant demonstrate and clearly report the impact of its programs? (E.G. a 2018 grantee reported the number of LGBTQ+ youth served by one of its programs and provided photos and stories of the youth after the completion of the program).
4. Organizational Health: Does the applicant demonstrate strong leadership, fiscal controls and oversight protocols?
5. Monitoring and Evaluation: Does the applicant have procedures in place to monitor and evaluate outcomes, and report about successful impact to the LOVELOUD Foundation after the completion of the grant year?